||BEC66(07) HC is a three phase, four wire, class 2 split configured prepayment electricity meter. The meter provides a cost effective control of loads up to 250 Amps per phase, and is an ideal unit for industrial and commercial applications.
The split meter is unique in that it separates the User Interface Unit (UIU) from the Measurement and Control Unit (MCU). This allows mounting of the MCU is a location where it is readily accessible, while the UIU is installed at a point of convenience. The UIU draws its power from the MCU via the current loop communication link.
Measurement and Control Unit (MCU)
The MCU contains the measurement and control circuits. this includes the power supply, reset circuit, disconnection circuitry, voltage and current sensing circuits, non-volatile memory, tamper circuitry, three disconnected devices rated at 250 Amps and thermal circuit protection.
User Interface Unit (UIU)
The UIU provides the user with a convenient interface to the remote MCU. A user-friendly interface is ensured through the large format, custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and the numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each meter has a unique security key and credit is entered into the meter in the form of a secure 20-digit token, through the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via an encryption algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered tokens are registered, eliminating token fraud.
Printed circuit boards are conformal-coated, providing protection against insects, dust and humidity.
A 5kA/5kV surge arrestor provides protection against lightning and voltage surges and the meter can withstand 420V for a period of 48-hours.
- 250 Amp bi stable disconnection device per phase.
- Thermal protection of terminals.
- Optional tamper detection facility.
- Optional intelligent commissioning.
- Programmable power overload functionality.
- Programmable load unbalance trip setting.
- Protection against over and under voltage setting.
- Transformerless power supply for improved reliability.
- Low lb rating (30A) - starting current 150mA.
- Displays user consumption and configuration information.
- STS compliant encryption.
- Calibration retained over the life of the meter.
- Optional audible feedback on UIU.
- manufactured to ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 standards.